Its been so long!

Figure 1. Here is Paul to make up for my absence.

Figure 2. Here is Paul the Derp to actually make up for my absence.
I am posting pictures of my cat so you will forgive my absence. How can you not forgive someone after seeing pictures of a 24-toed cat with crossed-eyes? Paul and Ollie are both polydactyly and Paul received most of the specialness (see Figure 2).

According to Wikipedia: [A polydactyl is a cat with a congenital physical anomaly that causes the cat to be born with more than the usual number of toes on one or more of its paws. (Paul has six toes on each paw). Cats with this genetically inherited trait are most commonly found along the East Coast of North America (in the United States and Canada) and in South West England and Wales.] That's an interesting distribution pattern that probably correlates with shipping lanes and people migration. Polydactyls were commonly ship cats (better grips with all those toes).

More to come...eventually.


Comments